Hidden object scenes
I oversaw scene creation from concept, to 3D, to paint-over, and hiding items for the player to find.
Hidden Shadows, Hidden Chronicles
August 2011 - January 2014
I was Art Lead in charge of scenes for these two hidden object Facebook games.
- Art direction for 4 in-house scene artists
- Art direction for numerous outsourced vendors
- Concept art
- Mini-game art
- Icons and viral art
- Game design assistance
- Documentation, knowledge transfer, and training
Between leading the art on game projects I would create concept art for various game pitches.
Various iPhone and Nintendo DS
February 2007 - April 2011
I was hired as an Artist and quickly promoted to Art Lead. The studio had one Art Director overseeing all the games in development, so a lot of responsibility fell on each Lead.
- Leading in-house teams from 0-7 artists
- Art outsourcing
- Developing art style and working with clients (publishers or other game developers)
- Creating Art Design Docs and Style Guides
- Keeping accurate art schedules and asset lists
- Coordinating with Design, Programming, and Producers
- Art asset creation in all areas including environment, character, menu, and interface art.